Fugitive Fragments

by Mike McGuire

Syriana

Untitled work © Neamat Badawi - Syrian Artist - by permission: facebook.com/thesyrianart

Untitled work © Neamat Badawi – Syrian Artist – by permission: facebook.com/thesyrianart

The Love of Art

The Art of Love
lasts
always at life’s
core

Single Post Navigation

52 thoughts on “Syriana

1. Timeless…actually reminds me of something I read recently: “Sacre Bleu” by Chris Moore. http://www.chrismoore.com/books/sacre-bleu/. Art endures most…art endures all…is it not our life’s blood?

• I’ve just looked at the outline in particular and Chris Moore in general. I enjoy a good satire so will probably try one of his works. Thanks for the intro and your comment.

2. This reminds me of a book I read recently…Sacre Bleu…Chris Moore…painful in its art…yet art endures…art endures all. http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7743117-sacr-bleu

3. Stunning as it captures Unconditional love :-)

4. Beautiful Mike. Your artistry of words brilliantly shown and felt by myself. I agree with Doug Seim! :)

5. Evocatively exquisite…I most especially enjoyed the last stanza…wondrously poignant…

6. Interesting. I just explored something along this line in my recent post.

7. This is my new favorite poem of yours, Mike. And I thought your poem for Seamus Heaney was going to be hard to beat! Cheers.

• Replacing my old for my new eh? This actually reflects what Heaney said on an old BBC Radio4 interview I heard last night – (I paraphrase) ‘when a poem is done, you’re finished with it. Put it behind you and write the next one’. Thank you.

8. Beautiful inspiring poem and so true.

I absolutely love this.

9. Reblogged this on The Rocky Summit and commented:
    This is breathtakingly beautiful! I’m going to print it and hang it by my desk!

10. Brilliant words.. Art outlives generations, doesn’t it.. and love enlivens the world

11. Great work Mike. I am now a follower about to explore your blog at leisure

12. Fabulous artwork, and intuitive words

13. Healing word winds
    Catch your drifts
    Find your heart holds
    Enlighten shadows midst

Paint new views
    On war torn faces
    Raise the thunder
    Of angelic graces

14. Absolutely beautiful! A work to be proud of, Mike!! Thank you for sharing it!! :D

15. Reblogged this on Doug's Writings, Musings and Art and commented:
    I have never reblogged anything, but this my hits my core hard. It is so spectacular artistically, poetically and spiritually that it reminds me of some of the great work of Khalil Gibran. And could it be any more timely or relevant? I am blown away.

• Well Doug, that both of us blown away. How does one react to being told that his work is reminiscent of Khalil The Prophet? With what the great man himself once termed ‘trembling happiness’. Your benediction takes me personally to the next level as a poet. Thank you sincerely. [excuse the delay - I didn't reply for 24 hours because I didn't know how]

16. Really spectacular !

17. Reblogged this on ladybluerose and commented:
    a stunning work of art from Mike…
    words spill from the painting…Beautiful!
    )0(

18. Heartafire on said:

Reblogged this on Heartafire and commented:
    could not resist this beautiful artwork and poetry.

19. Heartafire on said:

cannot resist reblogging this to Heart. thank you!

20. wordsthatetch on said:

Reblogged this on wordsthatetch and commented:
    I just had to reblog this…

21. Reblogged this on Daily Observation and commented:
    Thanks for sharing, @D

22. These words exemplify love. Nicely done. The painting is amazing too.

23. Words of truth, so beautifully penned (and I love the accompanying art work).

Whaddya think?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

tylersculinary

Tylers culinary blog

InMyMetaphoricalRoom

An online journal of my life's adventure figuratively wrapped inside my metaphorical room as strains of songs filled the space.

inspekturbram

there is beauty in simplicity

Its PH

The daily reads and writes

Stella Pierides

Literature, Art, Culture, Society, and lots of Haiku

The Isaiah 53:5 Project

inspiration, musings, observations, humor, apologetics, and The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Truth Troubles: Why people hate the truths' of the real world

Thoughts from an old American Christian man about our world

Recycled Salvage Design

Recycled Salvage Design Specializing in Repurposed Upcycled Unique Furniture and Art

glimmer of happiness

Just anything under the sun that makes me happy. :)

Crosschatter

experimenting with the truth

Sarita's Dream

Writer, Poet, Philosopher, Meteorologist, Amateur Model

Jazz You Too

What to listen for in JAZZ

Aubrey's Arch

Oneness on the path of Wholeness

Poetgeneral

In the world of Literature, Anything Is possible. Poetry/ literature is the express expression of the heart and soul.

Sailing Pen

Embark On Your Adventure

hauté boheme

/криостатированной горячки/

THE WAYFARER'S NOTES

BEN GONZALES' BLOG

Ramblings of the Claury

Welcome to our site. We hope you'll enjoy our pictures, photos and poetry and find inspiration from our ramblings.

Darkness Smiles

stories poetry

Elan Mudrow

The Ridges of Intertextuallity

Poetic Licence

The Poetry of a Certain Geniegrrl

Have I said this before?

My Creative Writing. And other stuff.

Moonlight and Madness

we're all mad here

MIDST HOPE

Story of life

Theodora Zheng: on Wordpress

The second "official" site for Theodora Abigail (Zheng), a goofy poetess who runs off potato products.

~ L to the Aura ~

sustainability. compassion. inspiration.

The life and times of Lizzyspit!

What goes on in the life of yours truly

Ink On The Heart

"You are read more than heard"

Spahr Plops

Poetry it seems / A way to express a thought / Where nothing hinders

Fay's Haiga

(Fay's Haiku Blog: http://fayaoyagi.wordpress.com)

Linnet Moss

On books, food, wine and beautiful men

jotNrot

lyrics and poems for songs unsung

PhokuFeed

Photography + Haiku = Phoku!

rex est Christus ✑

Writing for my love of Haiku & Micro-Poetry

Writeaway

One novice writer's journey creating a children's fantasy adventure novel.

All Nine

Collaborating with the Muses to inspire, create, and illuminate

jornales

for a moment of joy or moments no one pays for, i give myself a 'jornal'. this makes me rich. try it.

cherrypickchick

A fine WordPress.com site

musingsofanonboxchica

Erotica, Poetry, Afro-Fan Fiction, Random Musings

Jstewart413's Blog

This WordPress.com site is the bee's knees

Coffee With Noor

The journal of a 22-year old writer.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,347 other followers